Use Lync for ICA BlueSky Workshop: Tools for Teaching and Learning of Social Media Analytics
Here's a brief instruction (adapted from Miscrosoft help document) of the software Lync (or Skype for Business) that we're going to use for the live streaming of our workshop:
- Check if you have a Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business/Office 365 account. If so, launch your client and login, skip step 2 and 3, go to step 4; if not, follow step 2
- Visit this URL to choose your mobile Lync App
- Install Lync 2013 and don't sign in to Lync
- Click the meeting link provided by us before the meeting begins, you’ll get a Lync prompt to join the meeting
- Join the meeting / (if you don't have a Lync account) Tap "Sign in as a guest"
Once you enter your name, you’ll be admitted to the conversation window for the meeting.
Here are some things you can and can’t do as a meeting guest if you’re not signed in to Lync:
- open the Meeting settings screen and change your settings for using Wi-Fi with video and meeting content, and for Text telephone (TTY) mode.
- view the meeting roster and see names and titles of the other participants.
- be promoted to presenter and have the same presenter capabilities from the roster as others.
- navigate to any Lync screens other than the Meeting conversation screen and the Meeting settings screen.
- open a contact card from the roster.
- see contact photos in the roster or active speaker area.